The Skutt KMT1027-3 electric kiln features a 3" firebrick and is great for firing porcelain and stoneware.
The 27" KMT1027-3 is equipped with a digital touchscreen KilnMaster controller
The New Skutt Touchscreen KilnMaster Controller with Built-In WiFi
The new KMT digital touchscreen controller can be used just like your smartphone!¬† The screen makes it possible for you to interact with your controller in a more natural way.¬† It is full of helpful icons, the explanations and instructions are clear, and the navigation is dynamic.¬†¬†The built-in WiFi also allows you to receive software upgrades for free so you will always have the most up-to-date options available during the life of your kiln.
Via the free app, you can monitor your kiln temperature and status from your smartphone.¬† Plus, Skutt added a hinged controller base so that you can move the controller up and down to make it comfortable for you to interact¬† with.¬†
You get the same functions you get with the standard KilnMaster controller, plus:
- ConeFire Mode¬†‚Äì Allows you to easily program the kiln based on the cone value and whether it is a bisque or glaze firing. Now it is faster than ever. An easy to edit screen lets you quickly change parameters from the last firing and start the program.¬†¬†¬†You can also view the actual segments in the program and display a graph of the firing
- Ramp/Hold Programming Mode¬†‚Äì Allows you to easily input your own firing programs. Now you can¬†Name Your Programs¬†and store them in¬†My Programs¬†for easy access. You can even¬†Copy Programs¬†you like, but want to change slightly to speed up the programming process.
There are exciting new functions as well:
- Guided Start¬†‚Äì This programming Mode is meant for beginners. It guides you through every step of the programming process with¬†Helpful Messages¬†to make things crystal clear and give you confidence you have done everything correctly before you press Start.
- Program Library¬†‚Äì We have added a program library with helpful programs for unique processes like¬†Slow Sculpture,¬†Steven Hill Single Fire, and¬†Cone 5 Crystal Glaze.
- Help Screens¬†‚Äì Nearly every page has a Help Button that will give you detailed information about the screen you are currently viewing. It is like having the manual right on the controller!
- More Detailed Diagnostics¬†‚Äì We put in place more detailed diagnostic tools which make it faster to figure out what may be going on with your kiln. And, because your kiln is connected to the internet our technicians can view the data right from their desk.
- Graphing¬†‚Äì When you press Start the controller will display a Graph of the firing so you can follow it along as the kiln goes through the program.
- Logging¬†‚Äì The controller actually stores the information from your last 10 firings which can be downloaded to an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Upgrading to KilnLink¬†‚Äì Adding KilnLink to your kiln just got easier and more affordable. The built-in WiFi eliminates the need for expensive hardware so now all you need to do is pay a minimal monthly data storage and development fee.
Current Sensing Technology
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a¬†Current Sensor in every KilnMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the¬†Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the¬†Voltage¬†and¬†Voltage Under Load.¬† With the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair.¬† Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is¬†Much Safer.
|Degree F ( max )||2250¬∞F (208, Single and 240, 3) / 2350¬∞F (240, Single) / 2300¬∞F (208, 3)|
|Cone||10 (240) / 6 (208, Single) / 8 (208, 3)|
|Phase||Single / 3|
|Volt||240 / 208|
|Watt||11,520 (240) / 9,980 (208, Single) / 11,000 (208, 3)|
|Ampere||48 (Single) / 29.3 (240, 3) / 31.7 (208, 3)|
|Recommended breaker (amp)||60|
|Size interior ( wide x high x deep )||23.375 x 27"|
|Volume ( cu ft. )||6.4|
|Shipping weight (lbs.)||320|