The Skutt GlazeTech electric kiln fires to 2350F on 208 or 240 volts and is the perfect compact, square studio kiln for glazes.
One of the inspirations for the GlazeTech design was Robin Hopper's desire for a kiln to fire a new material he has been working with, Porcelain Canvas Substrate.
The GlazeTech is equipped with a 3-key KilnMaster LT controller for worry-free firing. The controller that allows you to fire Glass and Ceramics. It even has built in programs for Precious Metal Clay. The perfect controller for any of your testing or other small firing needs.
- GlassFire Mode allows you to write a program simply by choosing your technique and the speed. It's that easy!
- ConeFire Mode allows you to fire Ceramics simply by entering the Cone Value, Firing Speed and Hold Time.
- PMC Mode is even easier. All you enter is the type of Metal Clay you are using and press start.
- Write your own firing programs with up to 8 Segments using Ramp and Hold. Now you can store up to 5 programs.
- Adjust temperatures or hold times while the kiln is firing using Add Time or Add Temp or simply select Anneal Now to set your project and begin annealing it.
Skutt GlazeTech kiln manual: download