WHAT TO DO WITH A WAX RESIST MISTAKE
This happens to every potter, new or experienced. You accidentally get a spot of wax resist on your bisqued piece. No matter how small, this spot will resist the glaze during firing leaving you with an unsightly blemish.
The only way to truly get rid of the wax is to vaporize it with temperature high enough to burn the wax off. Burn it off by bisque firing. No amount of sanding it will get it off as the wax sinks into the pores. If you don’t have enough time to re-bisque it you can try to put it in the microwave on high for five minutes. Make sure you let it cool before you touch it and remove it from the microwave as your piece will be extremely hot!
Shop for Wax Resists now before the weather gets really cold as they get damaged at frozen temperatures.