The Original ClayMat was created by Fujie Yamakawa Robesky. He noticed that most people would not take the time to create a grid pattern on canvas. In response to this need, he created one of his own.
This tool is the first canvas mat that gives the dimensions of your rolled slab.
The grid marks are laid out in 2" squares, with 1" hatch marks on the vertical and horizontal edges.¬†
The sides are finished with a salvage edge and surged sides which means there are no unraveled edges.
Using this product makes it easy to make straight vertical, horizontal, and even angled cuts.¬†
Similarly, you can cut strips, squares, and rectangles. roller.¬†
ClayMat is made from 100% cotton with a 20 oz weight.
Tips for use:
- ClayMat is designed to be used as a bottom canvas on a slab.
- Do not fold ClayMat in half to act as a top and bottom canvas.¬†
- Keep your ClayMat on a flat surface to let it completely dry before storing it.
- Never stack the ClayMat under a damp canvas because it may grow mold or mildew.
- Clean the ClayMat using a damp sponge.
- Keep two ClayMats, one for light-colored clay, another for darker clay.