Amaco Underglaze decorating pencils are ideal for shading, fine line drawings or identification.
To use, apply the pencils to bisqueware and then lightly dust with a brush to remove excess particles.
- To reduce smudging, mix one tablespoon Amaco Gum Solution to one pint of water in spray bottle and spray on work before glazing.
- Lightly sponge on the first coat of glaze to avoid smearing. (This step is not necessary if glaze is applied by spraying, dipping or pouring.)
- If left unglazed, Amaco Underglaze Pencils should not be used on surfaces which come in contact with food or drink. It is recommended that you use a clear glaze, such as the CL-10, for decorating dinnerware.
- Black, blue, and green pencils have a maximum firing temperature of Cone 10
- Brown and yellow pencils have a maximum firing temperature of Cone 5. Rose has a maximum firing temp of Cone 05.
- Blue (and only blue) contains soluble cobalt which bears the ACMI CL Caution Label.