ITC-213 Metal Coating is a versatile high-temperature coating to protect the metal parts, like the heating element, from oxidation and reduction.
Tips for use:
- Remove any metal scaling, paint, loose rust, grease, and dirt.
- Also check the door, crown, floor, and grooves behind the electrical elements for dust and grease.
- Dampen the kiln by spraying the interior with water and wiping with a clean cloth.
- Mix a solution of 1/3 pint water for every pint of ITC-213, or 1/3 gallon water per 1 gallon ITC-213.
- For large areas, use a spraygun.
- For small areas, use a medium brush, paint edger, or cloth.
- Another method is to make a solution in a wide shallow pan and dip the element in it directly.